The Monastery receives visitors every Saturday and Sunday from 10am to 5pm.
Holy Monastery of the Honorable Forerunner
The Holy Monastery of the Honorable Forerunner was founded by the monk-martyr St. Damianos in the 16th century, abandoned in the mid-20th century, and then re-established by a group of nuns in the year 2000.
The monastery is located on the side of Mt. Kissavos (Ossa), four kilometers from the village Anatoli, near Agia, at a distance of about an hour's journey from Larissa, at an altitude of 1080 m.
Today the monastery complex consists of the "Old Monastery," newer buildings (including a church dedicated to St. Damianos), and St. Damianos' Hermitage, as well as the livestock operation and gardens.